Better Awareness, More Actionable Insights
Care coordination is the range of activities intended to improve patient care and reduce the need for medical services by helping patients and providers more effectively manage health conditions.
Care Coordination Challenges
In theory, care coordination seems simple, allowing primary care physicians and specialists to collaborate and provide the best treatment for patients. The promise of care coordination is lower costs and improved patient outcomes. But in the real world, there are obstacles to realizing these goals.
Care coordination is often an external function and the system of records are often incompatible with physician’s electronic health records (EHRs). This leads to:
- Poor communication with specialists
- Lack of resources
- Uneven coordination with patients and their families
- Risk of adverse drug reactions caused by polypharmacy
Celere Health’s Benefits for Care Coordinators
Celere Health enables Care Coordinators to deliver optimal care by aligning the key factors that ensure you get the right information at the right time. Celere Health manages:
- Data and workflow integration: Ability to pull data from multiple sources, then aggregate, analyze, and make it available to the right people at the right time in the right system.
- Patient stratification and intake: Analytics-driven decision tools identify high-risk, high-utilization patients to supply care managers with prioritized worklists for interventions.
- Care coordination: Timely, all-inclusive care team communication and collaboration on patient assessments, care planning and interventions.
- Patient engagement: Secure messaging, assessments, care planning and education to help patients and families stay in the loop.
- Performance measurement: Advanced reporting capabilities on care team performance.
Telehealth and Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) can effectively assist with each aspect of care coordination, but only if carefully designed and implemented.
Connect with us if you want to talk about Care Coordination.